Optimole Image Handling
The Optimole Image Handling feature is a vital aspect of the service. By activating this option, you allow Optimole to work its magic on your website's images, ensuring they load fast and look great, offering services like lazy loading, resizing, and compression. Disabling this option, on the other hand, puts Optimole on pause, temporarily deactivating its services so that your images will be served from their original locations.
| Enable the Feature
| User Site and Image Impact
| Related Settings
| Use Cases
| Benefits and Trade-offs
| Useful Resources
🔌 Enable the Feature
Navigate to WP Dashboard > Optimole.
Switch to the Settings panel > General.
Toggle on the Optimole Image Handling toggle.
🚀 User Site and Image Impact
Enabling Optimole improves your website's performance by optimizing images for faster loading and better user experience. Disabling it results in slower load times and dissatisfied visitors. This feature is especially handy when you need to troubleshoot issues or want to keep image optimization disabled for a specific period.
After enabling this option, your images will start being served by the Optimole service, which is why you will notice a different URL structure, as you can see below.
🔄 Benefits and Trade-offs
- Faster website loading - optimized images load faster, enhancing user experience and potentially increasing user engagement and conversion rates.
- Enhanced user experience - implies longer on-site durations and a more positive overall impression of your website.
- Improved SEO - faster-loading websites tend to rank higher on search engines, increasing your site’s visibility and attracting more visitors.
- Potential visual differences - Optimole seeks to maintain image quality during compression, but minor visual differences can occur due to the optimization process.
- Dependency on third-party service - enabling Image Replacement relies on Optimole's service. If Optimole faces downtime, your site's image optimization may be affected, leading to suboptimal image loading.
🧩 Use Cases
The Optimole service, through the Image Replacement
- E-commerce Websites - displaying high-quality product images is important.
- Blogs and Content Website - numerous images can slow down loading times.
- Portfolio Websites - artists, photographers, and designers depend on showcasing images.
- Community Forums and Social Platforms - content often has many images.
⚙️ Related Settings
Within Optimole, you might find related settings that allow you to customize the image optimization process:
You may find useful these guides:
- How can I see if my website is actually faster with OptiMole
- Your All-in-One Website Speed Optimization Guide: How to Speed Up WordPress
Still looking for an answer? Contact us!