Lazy loading for Embedded Videos and Iframes
Optimole's Lazy Loading for Embedded Videos and Iframes feature is a smart solution designed to improve your website's performance. When activated, this feature ensures that videos and iframes are loaded only when they are visible to your visitors rather than all at once. This means that it waits until someone is about to watch a video or view embedded content before loading it. This makes your web pages become faster and more responsive, creating a smooth and uninterrupted experience for your visitors.
| Enable the Feature
|| User Site and Image Impact
| Related Settings
|| Use Cases
| Benefits and Trade-offs
| Useful Resources
🔌 Enable the Feature
To enable this feature, navigate to WP Dashboard > Optimole.
Open the Settings tab.
Expand the Advanced accordion and open the Lazyload panel.
Use the toggle to enable Lazy Loading for Embedded Videos and Iframes.
🚀 User Site and Image Impact
Lazy-loading videos and iframes improves website speed, enhances user experience, conserves bandwidth, and optimizes mobile browsing efficiency.
Once enabled, you can use the Inspect tool to the data-opt-lazy-loaded = "true" parameter, which confirms your videos and iframes are being lazy-loaded by Optimole.
🔄 Benefits and Trade-offs
- Faster Page Loading
- Optimized Mobile Browsing
- Decreased Server Load
- Potential Delays in Content Availability
🧩 Use Cases
- Media-rich websites - websites with extensive multimedia content, such as video galleries, benefit from lazy loading to ensure fast loading times and improved user experience.
- Long-scrolling pages - websites with lengthy, scrollable content, like blogs or news articles, benefit as lazy loading maintains quick loading speeds, allowing users to seamlessly navigate through the content.
- E-commerce platforms - e-commerce sites with product videos and interactive elements optimize user experience by lazy loading videos and iframes, ensuring swift access to product information without delays.
⚙️ Related Settings
- GIF to Video conversion - doc
You may find useful these guides:
- A WordPress Video Gallery: Here’s How to Create a Good One
- How to Use Video Formats for Animated Content (Plus Why Bother)
🎥Video - Lazy-load Explained: How to Optimize Your Webpages for Maximum Speed
Still looking for an answer? Contact us!